AA Roundtable 01. Stories of the Downturn: Embodied
Knowledge and Future Possibilities
What does the near future hold for architecture? How might
we negotiate these uncertain times? What knowledge does the
profession hold and how might we access the ephemeral
Many experienced practitioners have made their way through
two or three economic cycles. What effects did this have on
their careers? What strategies did they develop and how are
these useful to a new generation facing their first
downturn? Does the downturn change how we think about and
engage with architecture?
- Hamish Lyon, NHArchitecture
- Elizabeth Watson-Brown, Elizabeth Watson-Brown Architects
- Nigel Bertram, NMBW Architecture Studio
- Geoff Warn, Donaldson + Warn
- Justine Clark (chair), Architecture Australia
AA Roundtable 01 was held on July 21 at the University of Melbourne.
Read the edited transcript in Architecture Australia November/December 2009.